Name of library
Cork County Library and Arts Service
Address of principal library
County Library Building
Please consult library website www.corkcoco.ie/library for opening hours of individual libraries.
Cork County Council Staff Library by appointment only at 0214285258
Cork PAL Co-ordinator Mary McPhillips
Requirements for referral
Referral from another participating library required. Telephone call or e-mail in advance to ensure material available. Appointment necessary to use the microfilm machines and PCs
Statement of access to resources
Reading access to all material. (Library membership required for borrowing)
Reading access only to Local Studies and Reference material and holdings of the Council Staff Library.
Cork County Library and Arts Service have 28 branch libraries and 5 mobile libraries serving most communities within the county.
Collections in Cork County Library branches include:
- Fiction and Non-Fiction books for Adults and Children
- Books on Tape and CD.
- Books in Large Print format
- Small selection of Local History and Reference
- Daily and Weekly newspapers
Local Studies and Reference Dept, County Library Building Carrigrohane Rd, Cork
- Drama collection – full length plays, one act plays, school productions, screen plays, stage craft and works on production
- The 1901 Census on microfilm
- Cork Collection – books, ephemera, maps, microfilm of material both published and unpublished relating to the County of Cork including
- Logainmneacha Chorcaí
- And on microfilm:
- Tithe Applotment Books for County Cork
- Schools Manuscripts Folklore Collection for County Cork.
- The Examiner from 1841 to date.
- Selection of 18th and 19th Century Cork newspapers
Cork County Council Staff Library
(Please note the stock of the Staff Library is not included on the Library Catalogue)
Material in book, report, conference, journal etc format providing information on all aspects of Cork County Council including material on management and training, health and safety, local and central government issues, E.U. issues, development plans etc.